Jump to content


457 Nondeductible Contribution

  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tinker.ta90

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:25 PM

Approx. 7 years ago my government 457 plan allowed me to rollover my traditional IRA to the 457 plan.  The rollover portion is held separately within the plan.  During the time I was contributing to the traditional IRA I had several years in which the contributions were nondeductible on my income tax, therefore they were considered as post-tax contributions.  What is the best way to get those funds distributed to me without having to pay the tax again on those funds?  I am currently receiving an RMD from the funds that were contributed to the 457 plan.