Bloomberg

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tony

tony
  • Members
  • 3,725 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:37 PM

Sales charges are a very subtle form of behavioral coaching: High fees discourage active trading, and most people are terrible active traders. The presence of a sizable front- or back-end load encourages people to stay invested so the returns keep compounding. There have been lots of studies that show how fees eat into returns over time. This is simple math. All else equal, if the expense ratio on your mutual fund is 1 percent, you will have less money at some point in the future than if you had put your money in a fund with an expense ratio of 0.1 percent.

https://www.bloomber...my-of-investors

#2 EdLaFave

EdLaFave
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:27 AM

Because I'm such a nice guy I'd like to volunteer to charge sales loads on the author's investments. I'd hate to see what would become of his portfolio without me using fees to modify his behavior.
Navigate and reform OCPS' 403b and 457b.

#3 tony

tony
  • Members
  • 3,725 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 11:12 AM

Ed

I knew you would be all over this one

Tony

#4 whyme

whyme
  • Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 12:45 PM

This opinion writer is pretty hilarious.  Here's his attack on Vanguard, wrongheaded in more ways than I can count: https://www.bloomber...ral-high-ground

It appears that he sells a stock picking/market timing newsletter for a mere $600/year.

#5 tony

tony
  • Members
  • 3,725 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 12:52 PM

That $600 .00 dollar newsletter is going to keep me from doing stupid things with my investments. I need to sign up for it and also transfer my Vanguard account over to load funds.

#6 whyme

whyme
  • Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:22 PM

On top of that $600/year, Tony, you'll also want to enroll in his $199 "ETF Master Class."  Looks like it's just a handful of short online video talks.  That, too, will set you straight on your investments!

https://www.mauldine...&utm_source=mec

I have a feeling that if I keep clicking around wherever this guy's name pops up, I'll discover that I need to turn my nestegg over to a "2 and 20" hedge fund.  The subtle behavioral coaching will be good for me. 

I'm going to get to work on my exclusive limited-time offering of training materials, the "Your Best Move is to Send Money Directly to Me" seminar series, in conjunction with the Just Send Me Money Institute at the University of Fleecing Suckers.

#7 tony

tony
  • Members
  • 3,725 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 02:19 PM

Its a great feeling knowing there is help out there when you need it.

#8 EdLaFave

EdLaFave
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:30 PM

You two are funny.
Navigate and reform OCPS' 403b and 457b.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bloomberg