Lincoln Investments Participant Directed Platform

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 davegrant82

davegrant82
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:26 PM

krow - can you point me to where this price change is outlined?

#17 krow36

krow36
  • Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:51 PM

Dave, A440 posted an update Jan 10, 2017 on his original BH thread on the Lincoln Participant Directed plan:  https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=175295

Update on Fees:

According to my December '16 statement from Lincoln:

"RetirementSOLUTIONS PREMIER Custodial Fee Elimination

For those investors with retirement accounts, the annual retirement plan custodial fee that ranges from $0 to $35 per account for up to two

accounts (maximum of $70) is being eliminated effective January 1, 2017."

However,

"SOLUTIONS/SOLUTIONS PREMIER Investor Platform Fee

Regardless of the number of retirement or non-retirement accounts held on our SOLUTIONS and/or SOLUTIONS PREMIER platform, an

investor will be assessed an Investor Platform Fee of $15/quarter ($60/year) per social security number or tax identification number. This

fee will cover administrative expenses associated with carrying all of your accounts and will be deducted from just one of your accounts.

The fee change will be effective January 1, 2017."

So, this means an increase of $25 in fees (from $35 to $60 per year). I've reached out to Lincoln's Participant-Direct reps for confirmation. Still cheaper than their 90 basis plan. This information was confirmed by a Lincoln CSR on 1/11/17

The increase of Premier from 0.90% to 1.25% I got from 403bcompare.

#18 davegrant82

davegrant82
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:13 PM

Apparently - even the Lincoln Investment reps don't know the PDP still exists!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I apologize; I thought Lincoln closed that down?  We actually still do have it available.  I will have it out to you shortly.  Call if you have questions on anything.

Thanks,

###### / Financial Advisor

Lincoln Investment  / 500 Waters Edge Suite 150 Lombard, Il 60148
800 242 1421 ###### ######  /  630 620 6100 ###### ######  /  fax 630 620 ######  

######@lincolninvestment.com       /       www.lincolninvestment.com

Advisory services offered through Capital Analysts, or Lincoln Investment, Registered Investment
Advisors. Securities offered through Lincoln Investment, Broker Dealer, Member FINRA/SIPC.

IMPORTANT: Electronic mail sent through the Internet is neither secure nor assured to be
delivered on a timely basis. Lincoln Investment strongly recommends that you do not send
confidential personal information, such as social security numbers or account numbers, to us via
electronic mail. Do not send time-sensitive or action-oriented messages to us via electronic mail.
Unsolicited instructions to "buy" or "sell" a security or to conduct any other financial transaction
may not be honored.

#19 NJTeach34

NJTeach34
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:49 AM

Hey everyone,

I teach in NJ and am starting in a new district next year meaning that I need to switch my Fidelity 403b to either Lincoln, Valic, Axa or MetLife.  I was very close to choosing Lincoln the first time only to choose Fidelity because of the freedom of choices I had and the low cost.  From my research I feel that Lincoln and their PDP is the best of my new choices.  I would either continue using Fidelity funds, switch to Vanguard funds or use a combination of both.  My goal is to obviously keep fees as low as possible and in my opinion that looks difficult with the options I have to choose from.

I am looking for a little guidance and know that there are many helpful people in this forum.

Is that true with the new $60 fee?  

Any suggestions on 403b selection?

Thanks,

Kevin

#20 jebjebitz

jebjebitz
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:31 PM

Hey everyone,

I teach in NJ and am starting in a new district next year meaning that I need to switch my Fidelity 403b to either Lincoln, Valic, Axa or MetLife.  I was very close to choosing Lincoln the first time only to choose Fidelity because of the freedom of choices I had and the low cost.  From my research I feel that Lincoln and their PDP is the best of my new choices.  I would either continue using Fidelity funds, switch to Vanguard funds or use a combination of both.  My goal is to obviously keep fees as low as possible and in my opinion that looks difficult with the options I have to choose from.

I am looking for a little guidance and know that there are many helpful people in this forum.

Is that true with the new $60 fee?  
Any suggestions on 403b selection?

Thanks,
Kevin

I can confirm that the $60 fee is true. I signed up for this plan in April and the $60 fee was listed on the application.