bWise Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guru

Sounds Fishy

Has anyone ever heard of "Enlightened Educators" ?? They put out thousands of flyers in my school district and put on a seminar. The only thing I can find is a crappy web page and an 800 number for "registration". Has anyone heard of this or been to one of thier seminars ?? If so ... Whats the deal ?? And who are they ??

Is this the website BELOW ? It looks like a financial advisor type of outfit specializing in teachers. This could be a legit operation as they seem to want to educate the teacher but of course you would have look at the products they will try to sell you beside the educational and financial services they offer you and at what price. The devil is in the details and I doubt the details are ever clearly in view. Caveat Emptor.

Maybe skeptical Jim will find the time to take a peek?

TONY

http://enlightenededucator.info/default.asp

Also, I take it you live in texas?

If he is a commissioned salesman, his website could result in a substantial fine. There is no disclosure that he is associated with a broker/dealer. Reading through his website, I would guess that he is a broker.

He may be a fee only planner. If he is, he has a problem in that he does not disclose the name of the investment advisory firm. Since he offers financial planning services, if he is a broker, he also needs to be associated with an investment advisor.

He may be offering general financial education. If he is and it is reasonably priced, then hats off. However, I doubt this is the case.

Has anyone ever heard of "Enlightened Educators" ?? They put out thousands of flyers in my school district and put on a seminar. The only thing I can find is a crappy web page and an 800 number for "registration". Has anyone heard of this or been to one of thier seminars ?? If so ... Whats the deal ?? And who are they ??

It is uinder the website: www.preparedfinancial.com

And I actually live in AZ

It's pretty sad when a School District sponsors an insurance and annuity salesperson and allows them to put on workshops in their board rooms. Scottsdale Unified should really rethink this bad idea.

ScottyD

Guest Skeptical

(EDITED POST)

Tony and All:

I followed the Enlightened Educator link...so I'll revise my post...

More to follow.

Jim

Edited by Skeptical