bWise Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tony

Jim Cramer Admits That Active Fund Investors Are Getting Hosed

What ever Cramer says, I either laugh, don't have the foggiest idea what he is talking about or when I do I either do nothing which is 99% of the time or do the opposite, which is .0001% of the time. I never follow his advice. But the network loves him and so do millions of active management type investors. He gets people to trade and that is exciting. He is great at generating ad money for the network, That's all that counts in the financial media. I wonder if he said anything about this report: http://www.valuewalk.com/2015/02/female-investors-outperform-male-investors-2014/

It seems that women have all the tools to become successful investors. What they need is what everyone else needs too, more knowledge. Men too often see the stock market as a game to be played. I guess its all that testosterone. I have learn to leave my money alone now. I used to emotionally react too.

Cramer is an entertainer. Behind the facade he knows folks like Bogle have it right. But he doesn't get paid for telling the truth. On occasion he does leak the truth however.

Tony

The women vs. men report also said that women pay more in expenses, so they could learn from the fellows to watch the investment costs. We know that teachers which are 70% female are paying huge annuity costs that are hidden or obscure.

Also, women are not smarter than men about the stock market, because nobody is. They just don't trade as much as the fellows and that is the difference in women's favor. This one fact has born out of some much academic studies that it is academic. Trading is a losing game and its been known for a long time. Women get it!

The women vs. men report also said that women pay more in expenses, so they could learn from the fellows to watch the investment costs.

I've heard that women have the same trouble with car mechanics . Perhaps some advisors and some mechanics come from the same camp.