bWise Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sschullo

Interesting Development From The 2Nd Largest School District

At our monthly LAUSD 403b and 457b advisory meeting yesterday, the chair said that we are going to have a presentation from this organization: https://tpensions.com . Anybody heard of this organization? I have never heard of them, and their website has very few links, and no names.

Here is what happened: A former Superintendent talked to our current Sup and this organization talked themselves into giving a presentation to our committee! Just like that!!!! I have red flags all over this because they claim they do not sell product but want to offer financial education! Financial Education!? Are they serious?

This is going to be very interesting at the next meeting.

Teacher's Pension & Insurance Services

from the CEO’s LinkedIn page for Erik NeVille

https://www.linkedin.com/in/erik-neville-25180a3

Chief Executive Officer

Teacher's Pension Services

August 2005 – Present (12 years 2 months)

We Provide Strategic Education and Plan Compliance to Employers. We manage Educators throughout multiple offices in multiple states, serving hundreds of school districts and thousands of employees. In addition to this, we offer consulting to school districts on any employee/district needs. We provide help in implementing 403b/457 plans, Third Party Administration, and 125 cafeteria plans within School Districts and Government Municipalities.

Notice that “& Insurance Services” in sometimes left off of the company name. Also notice that “implementing 403b/457 plans” is the first thing listed when describing the company.

Teacher's Pension & Insurance Services

from the CEO’s LinkedIn page for Erik NeVille

https://www.linkedin.com/in/erik-neville-25180a3

Chief Executive Officer

Teacher's Pension Services

August 2005 – Present (12 years 2 months)

We Provide Strategic Education and Plan Compliance to Employers. We manage Educators throughout multiple offices in multiple states, serving hundreds of school districts and thousands of employees. In addition to this, we offer consulting to school districts on any employee/district needs. We provide help in implementing 403b/457 plans, Third Party Administration, and 125 cafeteria plans within School Districts and Government Municipalities.

Notice that “& Insurance Services” in sometimes left off of the company name. Also notice that “implementing 403b/457 plans” is the first thing listed when describing the company.

Yeah, I read all of that. I was just wondering if I could get some names, and you provided one with the LinkedIn site.

We already have two Third Party Administrators, and we are not looking for another TPA! This does not happen in our district. There are protocols to follow, but apparently, they are only for us little people, former sups can walk in at any time.

This is bizarre. I'll let you know what the deal is at the next advisory meeting where they are suppose to make a presentation. Frankly, I am not interested. If they want to do business they have to apply through an RFP, like the other two TPAs did already.