bWise Forums
krow36

Tiaa Ny Times Article

Dan must love all the activity on this board lately. If I was a newbie I would be learning so much!! I just wish we had more folks participating.

Hey Tony,

All the activity has caused some issues with the board's availability. We are actually researching some fixes/alternatives. We will keep everyone in the loop if we make any changes. - Dan

Dan

I noticed that the posting has slowed down or stopped but it’s usually in the early morning. I doubt if it's because of more teacher lurkers. I bet it’s more of the industry wondering how we are reacting to the TIAA NY Times article.

How many annuity agents are lurking? They love it when I beloved companies are the subject of hate, as they can take it to their presentations and show our k12 colleages that their insurance company is squeaky clean, or if anybody asks an agent about Tiaa or Vanguard. They have lots of negative material to work with now.

Steve

Well someone is visiting, the number of views for many of the posts are way up. I noticed that some posts would have a few views one day and then suddenly hundreds a little later. I've been on this site long enough to know it doesn't usually happen that quickly. Also I had some difficulty at times getting the site to open. It just wouldn't load.

Hummmmmmmmmmmm..., this discussion thread "Tiaa Ny times article" has 523 views! Of course, it must be THEM! They are laughing all the way to the bank.

Tony et al, 

Sorry for the access issues. As I mentioned, we have seen a heavy spike in traffic (most likely because of the TIAA story). Thanks for your patience! - Dan 

On 10/25/2017 at 3:11 PM, sschullo said:

You (Ed) have plenty of company with the unions, and the large company insurance annuity agents.

On 10/28/2017 at 4:33 PM, sschullo said:

TIAA really understood the 403b California problem, and yeah they made mistakes but when you are in a relationship, it comes down to people. I have liked all of the good people I met personally at TIAA and Vanguard.

13 hours ago, sschullo said:

They are laughing all the way to the bank.

TIAA has reportedly taken a bunch of innocent/unsuspecting investors for a ride and thus far your harshest criticism has been "they made mistakes but when you are in a relationship, it comes down to people".

However, in that same time you've managed to lump me into the same category as annuity sales reps and without a hint of irony you've criticized people not named TIAA, who basically just stole from people, as laughing all the way to the bank. I truly can't fathom how you've arrived at this type of response.

The folks laughing all the way to the bank are those who just profited off of exploìting unsuspecting investors. TIAA deserves to be attacked right now, not defended.

EdLaFave,

The internet is full of over the top hyperbole. We really don't want that here. Folks might begin to think you have ulterior motives. - Dan