bWise Forums
Sign in to follow this  
krow36

Forum Upgrade

Congratulations to Dan on the excellent forum upgrade! The old forum didn't seem to allow a search of members' older posts, just a few recent ones. Now they all seem to be accessible. Very handy sometimes. I'm not sure about the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files" means? Or "Insert other media"? Guess I should play around. I've always used copy and paste.

Cool! The "choose files" went directly to my computer files where I had already used snip-it to capture the picture below from my spreadsheet, where I created the pie chart. In the old days, I had to upload the pic https://postimages.org/ and then copy the URL and post it here. Lot of work! 

Below is my 32/68 AA for a 70-year-old who needs the money for retirement. If I didn't need the money for my retirement, I would have more aggressive allocation. It would be something like a 70%/30% stock to bond and let my beneficiaries reap the benefits.

TIAA is part of my fixed account, the 3.0% traditional annuity with no surrender costs, principle protection and no costs (except the spread). 

2017 Q3 Asset Allocation.JPG

Dan, how about a link from the forum page to the home page? I think there used to be one? Also the strike-through was missing from the edit feature. Isn't that where it's most useful? 

OOPS, I see that to make any corrections to the "preview", you have to close it and go back to the original, where all editing tools are available. Makes sense.