bWise Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sschullo

OMG! Portfolio's up 9.0% YTD! Might make it to 10%!

I expect my portfolio to exceed 10% return this year (obviously anything could happen to cause a decline). Those tax cuts could propel my portfolio and everybody else's who has equity exposure to even higher returns before the end of the year.

This is the highest gross income from investments, SS, pension and VA compensation I have had in my entire life, even with my hubby's income together. Of course, our combined income was almost 20 years ago when teachers salaries were lower. This also doesn't include the energy savings from my solar panels that power my house and 100% electric cars for nothing! In fact, I have gotten a refund of $175.00 from my power company for excess energy production,  and $900.00 from our state's sustainability project for owning two electric cars. 

So far, 2017 has been a great year for a low cost, diversified portfolio with equity exposure. Those of you who have an annuity, unless it is a variable annuity, you probably do not have equity (stock) exposure. 

Happy holidays!

Steve 

Its that time of the year after today's stock market closes to tally up your portfolio and lets us know how you did for 2017. Its been a great year, even with my conservative portfolio. What a year for equities! The total stock market index is up 21%!!!!!! and Internationals even more 26%. 

Happy new year!

Steve

Its that time of the year after today's stock market closes to tally up your portfolio and lets us know how you did for 2017. Its been a great year, even with my conservative portfolio. What a year for equities! The total stock market index is up 21%!!!!!! and Internationals even more 26%. 

Happy new year!

Steve