Sign in to follow this  
Admin

The 403(b)wise Fiduciary Advisor Directory

Finally (!) a directory of fiduciary advisors for the 403(b) and 457(b) audience. 403(b)wise launches the 403(b)wise Fiduciary Advisory Directory 

Public 403(b) plans are notorious for expensive 403(b) products pushed by non-fiduciary sales agents. “Teachers, professors, nurses, and those who work at educational institutions, and non-profits don’t know who to trust when it comes to financial advice,” said Dan Otter, a teacher, and founder of 403(b)wise.com, a website that provides news and information, and advocates for better 403(b) plans. “It’s long been my goal to provide a resource of fiduciary advisors who understand the 403(b) and 457(b) plans.”

The directory launched March 1, 2018 with eight CFPs®.  In addition to being a CFP®, each has agreed to sign The 403(b)wise Fiduciary Pledge. Individuals who have been authorized to use the CFP® certification have met rigorous professional standards and have agreed to adhere to the principles of integrity, objectivity, competence, fairness, confidentiality, professionalism and diligence when dealing with clients.

The minimum designation for inclusion in the directory is a CFP®. Currently 403(b)wise is not accepting applications from Registered Representatives or those licensed to sell insurance. The directory will will only feature fee-only, fiduciary financial advisors. For more information on applying to The 403(b)wise Fiduciary Advisory Directory

Dan,

Have you reached out to the SEC office to request a podcast interview? Both Sandy and I talked to them at length and sent them my book. As you probably know, they also know the 403b problem inside and out. 

After all of these years, it STILL amazes me that so many people and institutions OUTSIDE of districts and the teacher's unions know about the 403b mess, but not a public word has ever been articulated to all members for a long time. The last time was the famous AFT's great article "Shark Attack." But that was 18 years ago, and nothing since!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The NEA and the CTA have never published a similar article in their publications. What a shame. 

Steve

On 3/18/2018 at 8:17 AM, Admin said:

Good idea. Do you have any contacts? 

You could interview them at the October 4th meeting. Ask CalSTRS ahead of time to book a room. I think it would be a great time as they might offer fresh reform perspectives after the meeting.