Sign in to follow this  
krow36

Teachers and Annuities: A Questionable Match and Hard Products to Shed

Thank-you for posting this. I hope the folks that need to read this do so. For the rest of us this sounds like the same old song we have heard all too often.

Tony

The NY Times and Tara Siegel Bernard and Ron Lieber, in particular, are killing it with this 403(b) series. 

All of us need to thank Ron for this article and ask him to continue to make reports. Send a message via his Twitter account. If you don't have a twitter, I urge you to create one ASAP. It's a powerful way to connect with influential people. I got a response from THE mr. money mustache, Tara, and Ron on twitter! 

@ronlieber and @tarasbernard 

Only until we make enough noise will the public k12 powers to be will take notice. We can talk among ourselves for the next 18 years about how terrible the 403b is with our colleagues and it will be good for the few teachers that come here, but the powers to be will never change until we make more social media noise and take our message face to face via workshops. For the last 18 years that this board has been in existence, not much as changed from posts on this board alone.