tony

Six Legit Index Funds That Build Wealth

Those of us who post here already know all this but new posters might like getting this information all in one place instead of getting info in bits and pieces from our posts. Besides Vanguard, Fidelity also offers some great index funds.  Also you might enjoy some of the other articles from this site.

https://mymoneywizard.com/6-legit-vanguard-index-funds/?mc_cid=2aa24d2206&mc_eid=b2c3850940

The Bogleheads have enumerated the funds you should use to construct a 3 Fund Portfolio for each major institution (Vanguard, Fidelity, Schwab, etc). Check it out here.

If 3 funds isn't your thing, you can always stick with an all-in-one fund which internally holds those individual funds. They come in two variants: Target Date and Fixed Allocation.

...investing isn't complicated, complexity is a "financial innovation" aimed at convincing you to unnecessarily hire somebody.

I own Schwab's flavor of all of these in my Roth, my 403b is in the fidelity 500, and my HSA is in the vanguard total stock. Here's to patting ourselves on the back.

On 8/29/2018 at 9:27 PM, EdLaFave said:
36 minutes ago, DustinVoss said:

Here's to patting ourselves on the back.

Unfortunetly as pointed out in the article there are way to many folks pedaling index funds now. Some like in annuity products add major cost to them negating their advantage . The only way to go is very  very very low fee regardless who you go with. I have known folks who bragged about owning index funds in annuities but they were paying over 1% expense ratio for them.