Sign in to follow this  
tony

We Went To An Annuity Pitch Steak Dinner. Salesman Was Not Pleased

The pitch arrived in my aunt’s mailbox, just after her 80th birthday and in the wake of a few frightening weeks for retirement investors. 

“Tired of the stock market roller coaster ride? Want to protect your principal and lock in interest earnings?” the invitation read.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/30/your-money/retirement-annuities-steak-dinner.html?emc=edit_th_181201&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=200074251201

Thanks to Ron Leiber for continuing to report. This article showed up on my NGPF group too, so the word is spreading. I continue to refer members from my other groups to this site as well as several teachers in school, on Friday alone. One teacher had the copy of Dan's book for so long that she finally ordered his newest one and brought my faculty copy back. Two teachers immediately wanted it. I spoke to new-hires on Fri, one who told me he asked a teacher who to use for his 403b plan and was told AXA. He told me he had the paper work, I told him to tear it up and showed him this group. We searched "AXA" and he got the message. I give him a lot of credit, at 22, just hired three weeks ago as a sub TA for now. One can hope...