Hi, my name is Dave Grant
I’m a financial planner in the Chicago-land area. I work with teachers and their families on a number of issues that affect their life. You and I work together to ensure you are living your best life, financially and otherwise.
Facts about me:
- I am a dual citizen of the USA and UK. I “turn on” my British accent to get me out of trouble.
- If I could get paid to do anything, it would be to read crime novels and play pool.
- My proudest moment was teaching my son to pee standing up.
- If you were to buy me a gift, make it chocolate. Not American chocolate though, that tastes like soap.
- I don’t follow English soccer but will gladly stand in the cold and watch a game of rugby.
We’re getting serious now:
- I am a Certified Financial Planner™ practitioner and believe Fee-Only financial advice is the only way it should be given.
- I’ve focused on working with teachers and their families since 2011, but have been helping people plan their financial lives since 2007.
- I specialize in the integration of TRS with other retirement plans (401(k)’s, IRAs) and how teacher’s benefits should be utilized in a financial plan.
- I work with teachers in all stages of their career. Whether it’s your first day, last day, or one in between, there are financial challenges that you are facing that we can tackle together.
- I’m an internationally known planner specializing in how younger financial planners can excel in their career. I write a column, speak at conferences, and have earned awards for my work in this field. Helping other advisors be the best they can be is very important to me.