Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by payrolla

  1. Assuming this is a government sponsored 457(b) plan and the amounts are over the annual deferral limit under 457(e)(15), I believe the refund is reported on a Form 1099-R. A Form W-2c would only be necessary if an incorrect amount was actually reported on the Form W-2.



    it is not government...it is private, non-profit university. I talked to the IRS and they concur that w2c is not needed....vendor refunds the monies and issues 1099R to the employee to file on current year 1040. but, still have concerns on employer responsibilities. Does vendor refund monies to employer since it is essentially employer funds?

  2. Is it necessary for employer to provide W2C to correct prior year(s) excess salary reductions being refunded by the retirement vendor? Or, does the 1099R the vendor supplies for year refund is made suffice? Any prompt response is greatly appreciated...thanks.

  • Create New...