Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'csd-rt'.
Found 1 result
bluejay1975 has posted about her/his school district’s 403b457 plan on the Boglehead forum. https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=234118 and PMs. This district is a member of a consortium of 39 districts and instead of each district having a number of vendors, now they all have only one—VALIC. The districts were able to reduce costs significantly and also increase participation. Each school in the district is assigned an advisor that is said to be salaried and not working on commission. The consortium is in Missouri and is called Cooperating School District Retirement Trust (CSD-RT). This website explains the new plan to employees: http://1hmfgi1zzk1c24sh788c5ct8.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2015/10/Frequently-Asked-Questions-CSD-Retirement-Trust.pdf Funds: http://1hmfgi1zzk1c24sh788c5ct8.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2017/05/CSD-Retirement-Trust-Investment-Options-03.31.17.pdf Vanguard Institutional Index Inst VINIX, ER 0.04% Vanguard Small Cap Index Admiral VSMAX, ER 0.08% Vanguard Total Intl Stock Index Admiral VTIAX, ER 0.07% Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Admiral VBTLX, ER 0.06% Vanguard Target Retirement funds, ER 0.13% to 0.16% also 22 other index and managed funds https://www.edplus.org/cms/lib/MO01928355/Centricity/Domain/101/Retirement Trust Employee Benefit That Benefits All.pdf This website promotes the consortium plans to district administrators. The Investment Management Fee as of 5/31/17 is 0.13% and there’s a $20 Annual Fee. A 3 Fund Portfolio could be had for a total of about 0.20% and $20. Using a Target Retirement fund would total about 0.28% and $20. This plan is about 2 years old and the average costs have been reduced from 1.57% to 0.45% plus $20, while participation has increased by $105M. I realize this can’t happen in states like CA and WA where the insurance lobby has bought laws that prohibit K-12 districts from having a single vendor. For the rest of the country, doesn’t this sort of organization look promising?