Sign in to follow this  
dilmatz

100 Choices

My employer offers almost 100 different companies from which to choose for our 403(b). The study cited on these boards about the more options, the fewer decisions is interesting, but not helpful in my situation.

How should I go about evaluating which of these options is best?

If you could let us know some of your options, I'm sure this forum will be able to offer you some advice. If some of your options are investing with insurance companies, I would personally stay away from them. Their fees are generally too high. If some of you options is with mutual funds companied like TIAA-CREF, Vangaurd, Fidelity or T. Rowe Price, I would stick with those. Their fees are a lot lower. Let us know your options, I'm sure we can help.

Garry

Guest Guest_dilmatz

Thanks for the reply, Garry. I'll have to check into the options over the weekend. I have a TSA established currently (though right now the specifics slip my mind -- I'm pretty sure it's an annuity) but I want to make smarter choices, or at least more informed choices. So I asked our benefits coordinator for a list of approved TSAs and she sent me the list of 100. I have the list at home and I'll check it and get back to you...