Sign in to follow this  
gerryborn

Valic's Portfolio Director Plus Plan

Greetings. My district has a 457b plan with Valic. The plan uses the Portfolio Director Plus product. Unfortunately, I could not find any details on this product at Valic’s website. Does anyone know where I could find information on this product?

I need this information because: 1) I want to know if it would be possible to contribute to the Valic plan and then roll the money over to a TIAA-CREF plan. 2) I would like to know if it would be possible to move my money without being penalized. If there are fees, what are they? 3) I would also like to know if there are any short-term investments at Valic that would guarantee my principle until I decide to move my money. I found some information at Valic’s website that suggests it is possible to lose money in a money market fund! (http://www.aigvalic.com/valic2000/valicfiles.nsf/lookup/performance/$file/performance.pdf)

Obviously, a money market that loses value is not an option. Can anyone provide me with some advice? Am I setting myself up to be boondoggled?

Gerry Born

Gerry---

Have you posed this questions to your benefits department? What was there answer? It is simply an outrage for the district to put you in such a position that you have to go to a public website to get some answers.

Peace,

Joel

Joel,

I was told to ask the Valic rep if this would be possible. I did receive some info via the benefits department last spring, but it appears that our 457b plan now uses a different Valic product--the Portfolio Director Plus plan.