Admin

Fera Letter To Spitzer

Are you at liberty to reveal who you are representing?

Not at this time.

Jennifer Freeman

Freeman Lewis LLP

228 East 45th Street

17th Floor

New York, NY 10017

jfreeman@freemanlewis.com

Guest Sierra

I'm glad that this letter was written. I hope that Mr. Spitzer will take action .

What action do you want him to take? The primary charge of the letter--that NYSUT takes money from ING without full disclosure--is demonstrably false! How is Spitzer supposed to take the letter seriously?

Let me put it another way. Eliot Spitzer is the attorney general. His job is to investigate/prosecute criminal activity. Can ANYONE name a single law that has been broken here?

You guys are all barking up the wrong tree. If you want to effectuate change, have a law passed barring such arrangements. Or at least cite the law that has been broken.

Anyone?

FT: You knew that Eliot Spitzer started his official investigation months before yet you went ahead and asked the following: "How is Spitzer supposed to take the letter seriously"?

Joel

I am a retured teacher from NY state, from NEA-NY (which merged w/NYSUT several days after this came out and on the day 403bwise (Fera letter) requested an investigation.) We were not informed of this and Spitzer came and spoke to our Union , accepting our endorsement (promising nothing, as always).

I own no annuities fromn either NEA or NYSUT, thank God. My concern? Our union merged with NYSUT - I am waiting for guilt by association and costs throw over to us.

No wonder NYSUT wanted a merger - more people to spread the guilt on.

I'm glad that this letter was written. I hope that Mr. Spitzer will take action .

What action do you want him to take? The primary charge of the letter--that NYSUT takes money from ING without full disclosure--is demonstrably false! How is Spitzer supposed to take the letter seriously?

Let me put it another way. Eliot Spitzer is the attorney general. His job is to investigate/prosecute criminal activity. Can ANYONE name a single law that has been broken here?

You guys are all barking up the wrong tree. If you want to effectuate change, have a law passed barring such arrangements. Or at least cite the law that has been broken.

Anyone?

FT: You knew that Eliot Spitzer started his official investigation months before yet you went ahead and asked the following: "How is Spitzer supposed to take the letter seriously"?

Joel

Yeah, that whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing must have clouded my judgment. I guess you've decided to go with "where there's smoke, there's fire" as your legal guide. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

My skepticism about the letter from FERA was based on the demonstrable falsehood of its assertions. I will say again as I said before: show me the law that was broken, and I'll retract what I said about the letter's inherent silliness (as well as its author's obvious transparency).

I don't know if any laws were broken in the ING/NYSTU and Security Benefit/NEA cases. However, if ING paid $3 million to NYSTU and if SB paid $2 million to NEA MB (has anybody seriously disputed this?), that is enough for me to say, "That is wrong." Illegal? I don't know. Wrong? Yep.

Guest Sierra

Anyone?

Joel

Yeah, that whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing must have clouded my judgment. I guess you've decided to go with "where there's smoke, there's fire" as your legal guide. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

My skepticism about the letter from FERA was based on the demonstrable falsehood of its assertions. I will say again as I said before: show me the law that was broken, and I'll retract what I said about the letter's inherent silliness (as well as its author's obvious transparency).

FT; This has nothing to do with whether or not we presume your NYSUT/ING deal is wrong or right. It has everything to do with you intentionally not telling us that you knew of the probe months ago and then, after it was made public, to have the utter foolishness to ask the question you knew the answer to: "How is Spitzer supposed to take the letter seriously"? You are some piece of work!