Sign in to follow this  
SAVING4LATER

Tiaa-cref

Does anyone know what TIAA CREF charges in quarterly or annual fees. And in addition to those fees what other fees might one incur. I know the actual mutual funds have fees, is there anything else I am missing. I am trying to find a low cost provider.

Does anyone know what TIAA CREF charges in quarterly or annual fees. And in addition to those fees what other fees might one incur. I know the actual mutual funds have fees, is there anything else I am missing. I am trying to find a low cost provider.

Additional......

I spoke to the folks at Fidelity and they advised me they do charge a 24.00 annual fee which they do not waive and whatever the mutual fund itself charges. So an investor that places his or her money for example in their version of the total stock market index funds pays 10 basis points on behalf of the mutual fund expense and 24.00 per year account maint. fee.

All of Fidelity's open ended funds are available and all of which are no-load. This seems like a pretty good deal. I am still waiting to hear from TIAA CREf, T ROWE PRICE and ICMA. Has anyone already done this research and knows which company will charge the least in fees aside from the already given mutual fund fees.

Thanks

At least with the 403B which I imagine is similar to their 457 plan the 24 dollar charge by Fidelity is for your total account not for each fund that you own. I own three mutual funds in a 403b with Fidelity and they take out a total of 24 dollars a year for the account not 36 dollars so they are basically charging me 8 dollars for each fund. If I wanted to open up 24 mutual funds, I still would only be charged a total of 24 dollars. Needless to say, 24 dollars a year is not that much money at all. If you are looking for an index fund, it will be difficult to beat the ten basis points that Fidelity charges.

steve

quote name='SAVING4LATER' date='Oct 25 2006, 07:51 PM' post='10896']

Additional......

I spoke to the folks at Fidelity and they advised me they do charge a 24.00 annual fee which they do not waive and whatever the mutual fund itself charges. So an investor that places his or her money for example in their version of the total stock market index funds pays 10 basis points on behalf of the mutual fund expense and 24.00 per year account maint. fee.

All of Fidelity's open ended funds are available and all of which are no-load. This seems like a pretty good deal. I am still waiting to hear from TIAA CREf, T ROWE PRICE and ICMA. Has anyone already done this research and knows which company will charge the least in fees aside from the already given mutual fund fees.

Thanks