Sign in to follow this  
Crystal

Financial Planner Recommendation?

Good morning,

My boyfriend and I are looking for a financial planner (in the Glendale/Los Angeles area)that is familiar with 457 plans as well as Los Angeles County retirement plans. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Crystal

Re: to Crystal

I am an experienced professional advisor in this area and understand LA Cty retirement. Will talk at length with you at no cost. Please email to me how to reach you. Glad to be of help.

bpsmith0316

Good morning,

My boyfriend and I are looking for a financial planner (in the Glendale/Los Angeles area)that is familiar with 457 plans as well as Los Angeles County retirement plans. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Crystal

Guest Sierra

Re: to Crystal

I am an experienced professional advisor in this area and understand LA Cty retirement. Will talk at length with you at no cost. Please email to me how to reach you. Glad to be of help.

bpsmith0316

Good morning,

Crystal

bpsmith: You have disclosed that the initial visit is for "free". Please complete the disclosure by telling us how you get paid.

bpsmith: You have disclosed that the initial visit is for "free". Please complete the disclosure by telling us how you get paid.

ummmmm how is this your business? Crystal asked for an ADVISOR (i know how much you hate that word because you're all self taught geniuses), and bpsmith offered assistance. He/she doesn't have to disclose anything to you in a forum on the internet until advice is offered. I trust that Crystal is smart enough to learn more about the costs involved in the services when she goes for her FREE consult. If you're looking for an LA advisor too maybe you can go meet with bpsmith and learn about the intricasies of their practice then.

Crystal, for your own sake, take the free visit before you get sucked into the unjustified blanket of advisor-hating that floods this site. When you meet with an advisor ask them how they get paid, and if you trust and like them, use them. That is your business, not the internet's.

lostinretirement,

It became our business when the advisor advertised him/herself on this board.

Crystal,

I would goto www.garrettplanningnetwork.com, they have hourly based advisors. Be careful of Free - nothing is free, most likely it will be a pitch for commission based products. Be sure you are buying advice and not products. Ask if the person will act as a fiduciary and sign a statement to that effect.

Remember that Free is never Free.

ScottyD

(i know how much you hate that word because you're all self taught geniuses)

Lost,

I don't know anyone on this forum who proclaims to be a self taught genius. Quite the contrary. Many of us believe that it does not take a genius to invest successfully. We believe that most people are quite capable of investing successfully on their own.

That just bothers you to no end, doesn't it?

Hi

Here is a person that I like even though she is a little out of your way:

Fernandez Financial Advisory

5212 Katella Ave

Los Alamitos, CA 90720

562-594-4454

Delia Fernandez is fee-only financial advisor. I have not used her, but I met her at a STRS workshop, and I have talk to her on other occasions. It is wise to get the cost of any financial services you use in advance. Best Wishes.

Joe

Joe and Scotty,

Posting Ms Fernandez name as a fee only adviser gave me an idea. Posting the names of fee only, educator friendly pros who are part of the 403b/457b solution should be a regular part of this site. Their names and contact numbers and a little bio as to why they are featured I think would be very helpful (helped reform 403b in some way). I did not know Delia.

This information could be used to steer people away from the god awful 403b system into something that they can use. It something to constantly tell people to read this and that book, but in reality we know most people are not going to read anything. But they might hire a fee only pro.

Later,

Steve

Guest Sierra

Joe and Scotty,

Posting Ms Fernandez name as a fee only adviser gave me an idea. Posting the names of fee only, educator friendly pros who are part of the 403b/457b solution should be a regular part of this site. Their names and contact numbers and a little bio as to why they are featured I think would be very helpful (helped reform 403b in some way). I did not know Delia.

This information could be used to steer people away from the god awful 403b system into something that they can use. It something to constantly tell people to read this and that book, but in reality we know most people are not going to read anything. But they might hire a fee only pro.

Later,

Steve

First things first. List all the school districts in the State of California that currently offer only commissioned based investment vehicles for 403b investing. Let's call this list: The California 403(b) Black List.

Joel