Sign in to follow this  
tony

The Beauty Of Common Sense

Hi Tony,

Thanks for taking the time and posting these great articles written by the masters of simplicity, staying the course, low cost investing, self direction, responsibility, tax efficiency, self discipline, diversification, low turnover and lastly just investing your money by tagging along in our great domestic and world economies. If you are lucky, over 20+ years, you might earn 10% annually and keep most of that money in your pocket while beating the more expensive managed funds again and again. What a novel idea.

Best wishes,

Steve

Steve

I am so glad someone is reading them although I doubt you are the one who needs to.

I greatly admire Mr Bogle. He seems genuine in a way that is much too scarce in the financial world today.

We need more genuineness in our lives. There seems to be so little of it today. So much hype out there .

I share these articles because I think so much of this website and its mission . It has helped me. I'm just trying to return the favor by trying to offer insight to others.

Tony

A good article. Though not without its ironies: firstly, its publication on thestreet.com, a site hardly associated with the low-fee index approach that Bogle espouses here. (It's to their credit that they offer Bogle a chance to present an opposing opinion on their site.)

And I had to laugh at the ads that appeared at the bottom of this stay-the-course, easy-does-it, low-fee index investing mantra. I've cut and pasted them here without further comment...thought you all might appreciate the irony as well:

RELATED STORIES

Mutual Fund Morning

Debunking Buy-and-Hold

3/28/2007 11:48 AM EDT

A screen shows the average high-turnover fund had greater returns than the low-turnover one.

Open Book

Model Trading Systems

3/27/2007 10:08 AM EDT

Knowing what matters is essential to developing good trading practices.

Open Book

Ask Three Questions

3/20/2007 12:16 PM EDT

Ken Fisher explains how his proven investing style boils down to these core concepts.

Open Book

How You Can Play the 25% Cash Machine

3/22/2007 12:31 PM EDT

High-yield options have multiplied in recent years.

Hi,

And beneath those ads, FT, was this little discloser I found interesting, its how thestreet.com gets paid.

"TheStreet.com has a revenue-sharing relationship with Amazon.com under which it receives a portion of the revenue from Amazon purchases by customers directed there from TheStreet.com."

It’s the infamous revenue sharing between Amazon and thestreet.com off of Bogle’s book. At least we know Bogle is not charging the revenue sharing. Its an explanation as to ONE important reason why Bogle was published on TheStreet.com in the first place.

Have a great Spring Break everybody,

Steve