Sign in to follow this  
ft6

New 403b Rules

I contacted my wife's HR Dept regarding getting Fidelity as a 457 provider as I have the ten employees needed to get Fidelity on board. I was told that due to the new 403b rules and regs they were holding off on adding vendors because they were in the process of selecting a TPA.

I thought these new rules applied to the 403b, it sounds like my wifes school district is applying them to their 457 program as well, is this correct ? Or are they misinformed ?

FT6,

Most likely they are looking for a TPA who will oversee both the 403b and 457b and don't want to make any decisions about changing the 457 until they have procured this TPA.

I would get involved and make sure that they don't hire a TPA that conditions there service on providing a 457 - or one that sells product(s).

ScottyD

Thanks Scotty I will. Currently AXA is the only 457 provider, however they will add Fidelity provided there are at least 10 participants. Thanks for your help.