Sign in to follow this  
JMacDonald

'tricks Of The Trade'

Joe,

You beat me. I was about to post this link.

I eyes and ears will be fixed on this report tonight.

Quote from the article: "Minnesota Attorney General Lori Swanson, who reviewed "Dateline's" footage, and who has filed several suits alleging fraud in the sale of annuities to seniors, tells Hansen: "...what is tragic about it is when those agents go into the seniors' homes, it is literally the wolf among the lambs."

According to King James' version:

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."

How absolutely tragic.

Take care,

Steve

Joe, Joe, Joe, Call a friend!!! Or you could come over here and watch this fine piece... I am just so glad that Chris Hansen has moved on to another worthy set of adversaries. His former set of programs was becoming repititious. Thank goodness there's an emerging public awareness. Hopefully leading to an outcry.

BTW, I just got hold of a fine flyer re: 403(b)s for some CA teachers -- you're an author with Schullo, right? Very nice. Very nice.

JudyS

Hi Judy,

I would be happy to visit you in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. I am going to try to take the ferry to Juneau in the summer of 2009. It is something that I have wanted to do for a while. I have decided to make it happen.

Steve is the mover and shaker on anything with my name on it. You need to give him all the credit. Enjoy the program. Best Wishes.

Joe

The program was great even though it focused on the obvious ommission of surrender fees that was clear information to seniors. The show covered one specific insurance company Alianz and the underground industry of how sales people are trained with misleading credentials including getting a picture on the front page of a dubious financial magazine with Fed Chair Ben Bernanke.

Steve

We don't have television, but I also wonder if there's some other way to catch this program. I'd like to see it. If it turns up on Google ###### or some such, I hope you'll send a link.

Also, since the Pacific Northwest came up, I'm curious where you all are located. My husband and I live in Portland, Oregon, and both of us grew up in various parts of Washington, from Bellingham to Whidbey Island, Greyland, and Wenatchee.

Mindy

We don't have television, but I also wonder if there's some other way to catch this program. I'd like to see it. If it turns up on Google ###### or some such, I hope you'll send a link.

Also, since the Pacific Northwest came up, I'm curious where you all are located. My husband and I live in Portland, Oregon, and both of us grew up in various parts of Washington, from Bellingham to Whidbey Island, Greyland, and Wenatchee.

Mindy

Mindy --

I thought the program was a start, but I was disappointed that there wasn't a whole lot more depth. There's much more to say than what they chose to focus on. I wondered if they perhaps didn't get someone with broad and deep experience to advise them on what to look for. There is just so much more to do in this field.

If you grew up in WA, you will be familiar with Bainbridge. Next summer I will have to wave to Joe heading off to AK... have always wanted to go, but haven't made it happen, as he says.

JUdyS

Dateline@NBCUNI.com

E-mail dateline and ask them to do a similar story on EIA's and annuities in general in regards to Teachers and school employees. Reference 403bwise.com

ScottyD

Guest Sierra

With reference to the man who reportedly used all of his life's savings of $40,000 to buy an annuity, I would like to ask him: In your mind's eye what were you going to use as cash in case of an emergency?

Joel