Sign in to follow this  
JudyS

Bloomberg Tv Piece

Fellow Travelers:

For the last several months my husband and I have participated in a Bloomberg TV piece about hidden fees. In fact, the program is called "401(k) Hidden Fees". If you're interested, it will be airing on Bloomberg TV Thursday June 19 at 7 and 9 PM EASTERN Standard Time, we are told. It will air again Friday the 20th at 11 PM. Included will be -- I hope -- one of the plaintiffs in the NEA case as well as a bunch of other folks. (I seem to recall that they promised me the camera would take OFF 10 pounds and 10 years, but it sure doesn't look like it on the "teaser"! (That's my husband and I on the sofa.....))

Here's a teaser http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjhJXsj7FxQ

JudyS

Hmmm... I just checked the guide for that time slot (want to DVR it) and it's not being listed. Bloomber TV web site is actually showing the ###### clip and does indeed say that it will air on 6/19 at 7pm and 9pm.

Jarhead --

Yes, it is confusing. Here is what we have been told directly from Bloomberg... it will air (note it's all in EASTERN standard time, so adjust accordingly)

Thurs., June 19 7:00pm, 9:00pm (preempts ½ M&P)

Fri., June 20 11:00pm (preempts MarketWeek)

Sat. June 21 5:30am BTV and E! (preempts FTR) 7:00pm (preempts Muse)

Sun. June 22 9:30am (preempts FTR)

Fri July 4 (holiday) will air 3-4 times. Times TBD

Good Luck!!

JudyS

Way to go, Judy! Unfortunately, I do not receive Bloomberg; perhaps more of that can be posted on youtube after it runs.

"17 fees that can be charged, most of which you cannot see on your statement." That is a paraphrase from the clip that is pretty powerful. "What you don't know CAN hurt you" is another good quotation. If the program is as good as the clip, it can do a tremendous service to consumers. Maybe they will start asking questions.

Every once in a while I actually get a little bit of hope. I was helping a friend set up a 403b account, and when we got around to looking at funds that would be appropriate for her, the first question she asked was, "What are the fees?" That put a smile on my face.