Sign in to follow this  
Eagle10

457 Plan In Pa

Guest Sierra

Hi all,

I have read about the 457 plan for NY but am wondering if it is something possible in PA?

PA runs a 457(b) Plan with the lowest cost in the nation! Now, you need to get focussed big-time because it is only available to Pa. state employees. Contact the powers that be and demand that the Plan be opened up to local public employers including school districts. Let us know how you make out.

Having said all that, in my view this is the most direct and transparent way to rid ourselves from the 403b sharks that have infested our public school classrooms, hallways and teacher lounges for nearly 50 years.

Peace and Hope,

Joel L. Frank

Pension Columnist

The Chief-Civil Service Leader

277 Broadway

New York, NY 10007

Hi all,

I have read about the 457 plan for NY but am wondering if it is something possible in PA?

PA runs a 457(b) Plan with the lowest cost in the nation! Now, you need to get focussed big-time because it is only available to Pa. state employees. Contact the powers that be and demand that the Plan be opened up to local public employers including school districts. Let us know how you make out.

Having said all that, in my view this is the most direct and transparent way to rid ourselves from the 403b sharks that have infested our public school classrooms, hallways and teacher lounges for nearly 50 years.

Peace and Hope,

Joel L. Frank

Pension Columnist

277 Broadway

New York, NY 10007

Who are the powers that be? My school district, the state, if I knew who to go to I could move with this. Thanks again.

Hi all,

Peace and Hope,

Joel L. Frank

Pension Columnist

277 Broadway

New York, NY 10007

Who are the powers that be? My school district, the state, if I knew who to go to I could move with this. Thanks again.

I am once again looking for an answer to the powers that be. Since my school district is going to use CPI as a TPA I will more than likely stop funding my 403b plan. I want to know more about the PA 457 plan but do not know who to contact for this.

Is it the governor, state, school board. I need direction for this one. I feel like everyone else on this issue of 403b, miserable. The changes in legislation did nothing to help a teacher and in fact have hurt. This is why I am looking for the state sponsored plan in Pennsylvania 457? Please advise.