ft6

Vanguard

Elaine,

Is IAS doing this pro bono? Who is paying their fees, if not the employees? District, union or the taxpayers, who?

No disrespect, but your story has a slight ring of "too good to be true."

Steve

Hey, Steve. It is actually possible to get a good deal on 403b plans. My district has continued to offer Vanguard through TDS for no extra cost to employees. I think that TDS is eating the cost. Of course, it is selling a bunch of garbage to district employees to make up its costs.

The way the markets are behaving, though, I'm not sure it matters much who is selling financial products. We're all taking a major bath. The losses have been sickening.

Elaine,

Is IAS doing this pro bono? Who is paying their fees, if not the employees? District, union or the taxpayers, who?

Steve

Hey, Steve. It is actually possible to get a good deal on 403b plans. My district has continued to offer Vanguard through TDS for no extra cost to employees. I think that TDS is eating the cost. Of course, it is selling a bunch of garbage to district employees to make up its costs.

The way the markets are behaving, though, I'm not sure it matters much who is selling financial products. We're all taking a major bath. The losses have been sickening.

AP,

I could never get an explanation for the differences. Why does VG sign some HH agreements and the new ISAs with a few districts but not the others. I keep asking and asking.

Steve

Elaine,

Steve

AP,

I could never get an explanation for the differences. Why does VG sign some HH agreements and the new ISAs with a few districts but not the others. I keep asking and asking.

Steve

If a s.d. signs VANGUARD'S ISA then there's no problem. Otherwise, I guess they will want only one ISA(if different) to cover a large volume of S.D.'s though 1 TPA. In my case that TPA is Employer Admin. Serv. EAS thru help of union got many PA S.D.'s to sign with them. It's interesting to note that while investigating low cost 403(b) plans many months ago, I found TIAA-CREF to be another good choice. But, TIAA wasn't adding ANY new S.D. now & seemed to indicate they only deal with large universities & very large S.D.'s to keep their costs low.