Sign in to follow this  
ft6

Here Is What The Naperville, Il. School District Is Offereing Their T

CL

If what you say is true who is the rep that you set This up with at Lincoln? Lincoln is available in my wife district in Oak lawn Illinois, but when I contacted her to get information All I got was 35.00 a year plus 90 basis points.

If you do feel comfortable mentioning name on the board please PM

Rich

Rich,

Which district in Oak Lawn? There are multiple districts in Oak Lawn.

Check the fine print also with Lincoln. They are also charging 90 basis ponit per year for funds under mangment. Even if you do your own thing with vanguard.

Rich

I've gone over this subject again and again with the Lincoln Salesman/Advisor. Although producing no documentation, he says that the account will be on their "Retirement Solutions Platform" which doesn't charge that 90 basis point fee, and which is normally limited to a bunch of load funds. As a special case, they're allowing Vanguard funds, and because Vanguard doesn't charge a load, all that's left to be paid is a $35/year custodial fee. He also said this special exception is available nation-wide to anyone who has Lincoln as a 403b choice and also will be transferring from a Vanguard account currently receiving contributions. Just make sure they don't sign you up for the Premier account, which has that .9% fee. I'm still not sure how comfortable I'll be with this company in the middle, but as of now it seems the best choice.

Johnny,

The rep told you the truth.

CLJ17,

They get slammed here because jonnie has NO DOCUMENTATION. Just because you and the sales person says it here doesn't mean johnnie has the documentation in BLACK and WHITE. Have you ever heard of such a request?

For your information, I don't need the facts, jonnie needs them, he has been trying to get the facts with documentation. I do not appreciate a lecture from you!!! This website is totally different from the school cafeteria. Have you not learned that yet? If its such a good deal for jonnie why has he not gotten the documentation? Does that mean we are slamming you? My god what is the matter with you people.

johnnie, FYI CLJ17 works for Lincohn and he or she is not an objective source of information, for sure.

Steve

Steve,

The documantation is in the custodial account agreement. Retirement Solutions has no basis points Retirement Solutions Premier has basis points. Simple! When I have I lectured you? I think the reverse is true. I have been nothing but honest about my information on this website because I love what I do for people. I am the most objective person to talk to about Lincoln Investment because I do work for them and know everything there is to know about what we offer. That was a silly statement Steve. It is your right to not believe what I say but when Scotty backs me up you may want to listen for a change and have an open mind that some of us in the business do really care about people. Where's the love? Happy New Year!

I can vouch for CLJ17's honesty on this one, Lincoln will do this. I can't vouch that the rep won't try to sell you something, but there custodial platform will give you access to Vanguard for the price they quote. They are willing to do this in order to placate those who might cause a commotion (the warriors as I like to call them!), and then they can sell to others. I'm not hawking Lincoln, but I do know that you can get Vanguard on there platform for the $35 annual fee.

ScottyD

I appreciate your feedback! Have a Happy New year!

Johnnie

You wrote: "I've gone over this subject again and again with the Lincoln Salesman/Advisor." CLJ and Scotty say that this is a great deal yet neither are listening to your rep, who has failed to provide the documentation. Its not a difficult request.

Steve

BTW CLJ,

Scotty also wrote in the same message that made your day: "I can't vouch that the rep won't try to sell you something, but there custodial platform will give you access to Vanguard for the price they quote." We educators have learned not to trust any pro with our money. Is not that we are mad or anything, its just the way to do business. Trust and verify in writing. Its been done that way for centuries.

Steve

Johnnie

You wrote: "I've gone over this subject again and again with the Lincoln Salesman/Advisor." CLJ and Scotty say that this is a great deal yet neither are listening to your rep, who has failed to provide the documentation. Its not a difficult request.

Steve

BTW CLJ,

Scotty also wrote in the same message that made your day: "I can't vouch that the rep won't try to sell you something, but there custodial platform will give you access to Vanguard for the price they quote." We educators have learned not to trust any pro with our money. Is not that we are mad or anything, its just the way to do business. Trust and verify in writing. Its been done that way for centuries.

Steve

Steve,

You know everything you own at one time or the other had a commission paid., for example the paint on your walls and the carpet on your floor. My real estate taxes pay the income of the public school educator. I am a ok with that. We all need each other is my perspective. Not all 403(b) reps are good nor is any other profession for the simple fact that we are human. I give everyone a fair shake and do not put anyone in a cluster of imperfect beings. I truly want to know them for who they are. I like your fire and believe that if you gave me a fair shake as a human being you would know who I am and what I stand for in life. I am not just a private sector idiot and I say that in jest. I am a person who genuinely cares for others and always puts their best interest ahead of my own. In my field if you don’t do that you don’t survive. The service that we provide is what keeps us alive. If the rep doesn’t do the right things they lose business and they look for new employment. I give intruder credit for taking the verbal beatings we take on here. What it shows me is the he cares about what we do as well. I think I have been able to help some folks on here and I am grateful for that. Happy New Year!

Johnnie

Steve

BTW CLJ,

Steve

Steve,

You know everything you own at one time or the other had a commission paid., for example the paint on your walls and the carpet on your floor. My real estate taxes pay the income of the public school educator. I am a ok with that. We all need each other is my perspective. Not all 403(b) reps are good nor is any other profession for the simple fact that we are human. I give everyone a fair shake and do not put anyone in a cluster of imperfect beings. I truly want to know them for who they are. I like your fire and believe that if you gave me a fair shake as a human being you would know who I am and what I stand for in life. I am not just a private sector idiot and I say that in jest. I am a person who genuinely cares for others and always puts their best interest ahead of my own. In my field if you don’t do that you don’t survive. The service that we provide is what keeps us alive. If the rep doesn’t do the right things they lose business and they look for new employment. I give intruder credit for taking the verbal beatings we take on here. What it shows me is the he cares about what we do as well. I think I have been able to help some folks on here and I am grateful for that. Happy New Year!

CLJ,

Very poetic but johnnie needs the documentation. Nothing disrespectful to you or the rep or your philosophy. Just verification of fees on paper.

Regarding commissions, I guess you don't know me very well. I really mean it when I say that I think commissions are terrible, especially in investment plans. I live my life avoiding paying commissions. Its a little work but its worth it. My companion and I sold two properties ourselves and saved a bundle of money because we did not pay commissions to real estate agents.

As far as the verbal beatings around here, NOBODY is begging you or intruder to come back. How are we supposed to react when you come here and try and explain things. Sorry, most of us regulars have heard it all and already know and debated this stuff for years. Even Intruder admitted he uses indexes and it took him months to admit it. It just seems that you guys come here to be argumentive with us. Why do you bother to waste your time. We don't listen to you. Nothing disrespectful. I would never put myself into a situation where I do not belong. I don't go to annuity sites or to active managment sites and try to HELP THEM. I will not waste my time. Don't confuse trying to help people when your information is biased and your helpfulness is not recieved in the greatest blessing.

I completely understand the attacks on us around here when we complain that VG is not on the 403b list any more. This is a real problem and yet you don't listen and blame us by citing IRS code over and over. You put a good face on some product that we already know is too expensive. The 403b is in deep trouble and plenty of savvy educators are not going to sign on to insurance companies.

Johnnie, have you gotten that documentation?

Happy new year,

Steve

I am a person who genuinely cares for others and always puts their best interest ahead of my own.

When somebody says this, I reach for my wallet. This tends to go against human nature. There are exceptions, and CLJ may be one, but in general, I simply don't believe this.

AP,

When one pat's themselves of the back with waxing prophetic, its just plain dishonest and pathetic. The pros don't pick up on the two pros we listen to as regular posters, Scotty and Micheal. The never defend themselves or say they are the greatest pro since Ben Graham himself because they listen and really understand the defined contribution problems from the consumer's side. If we ever get organized to the point when we have conferences, events or face to face meetings, they would certainly deserve an award, Kathy Kristof too.

Well, its a new year. Need to look at my portfolio and perhaps do some rebalancing.

Happy New Year!

Steve

Happy new year,

Steve

This is the only fee schedule I could find....

http://mcps.yourplan.info/vendors/index.html

then click on henders###### financial/lincoln investments

then click on MCPS 403b application.... the site here wont post henders.h.o.t

...Section 8 of application and first section of Investment Advisory Statement.

I guess when you have thousands of funds to choose from you need an Asset Manager (additional fee of 0.20% - 1.10%) to pick the funds for you, but then what does the Financial Rep do for his 0.90% or the additional compensation from fund companies of 0.25-0.50% on Premier CCP assets?

I'm all for advisors getting paid for "advising or planning" not just getting paid to ask if the client wants to increase contributions each year and process paperwork. These additional fees seem to add up.

It would be nice if there was a SINGLE page that summarized the fees for all the companies available in a school district. This information has to be available through the initial RFP process?

So why doesn't the school district publish the information that they already have?

I am a person who genuinely cares for others and always puts their best interest ahead of my own.

When somebody says this, I reach for my wallet. This tends to go against human nature. There are exceptions, and CLJ may be one, but in general, I simply don't believe this.

Please put your wallet away! My faith is what determines what I do for people not this world. You are right about human nature our natural instinct of sin and selfishness. One of the first words a child says is "MINE". Our children need to be taught to care about others before them selves. There was one who was sacrificed for all of us and he is the perfect one. He is my idol and who I wish I could be like and try my best to be that. I appreciate you at least saying that I may be an exception. One of my favorite scriptures is Colossians 3:23 whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as though you were working for the Lord and not for people. In this world of me, me, me it’s sad that trusting your fellow human being is scarce. Trust is the foundation of all relationships.

AP,

When one pat's themselves of the back with waxing prophetic, its just plain dishonest and pathetic. The pros don't pick up on the two pros we listen to as regular posters, Scotty and Micheal. The never defend themselves or say they are the greatest pro since Ben Graham himself because they listen and really understand the defined contribution problems from the consumer's side. If we ever get organized to the point when we have conferences, events or face to face meetings, they would certainly deserve an award, Kathy Kristof too.

Well, its a new year. Need to look at my portfolio and perhaps do some rebalancing.

Happy New Year!

Steve

Steve,

I'm patting myself on the back, pathetic and being dishonest for stating that I care about people? WOW! I will be the first to admit how imperfect I am. When have I ever professed to be the best of the best? When someone attacks my values and faith then I will defend myself. What did Peter do when ask if he knew of Jesus? Not me my friend you can put a gun to my head and ask me to denounce him and I will laugh at you and tell you to pull the trigger! I am so grateful that I do not have such a negative view of the world. God bless!

Johnnie

Steve

BTW CLJ,

Steve

Steve,

CLJ,

Very poetic but johnnie needs the documentation. Nothing disrespectful to you or the rep or your philosophy. Just verification of fees on paper.

Regarding commissions, I guess you don't know me very well. I really mean it when I say that I think commissions are terrible, especially in investment plans. I live my life avoiding paying commissions. Its a little work but its worth it. My companion and I sold two properties ourselves and saved a bundle of money because we did not pay commissions to real estate agents.

As far as the verbal beatings around here, NOBODY is begging you or intruder to come back. How are we supposed to react when you come here and try and explain things. Sorry, most of us regulars have heard it all and already know and debated this stuff for years. Even Intruder admitted he uses indexes and it took him months to admit it. It just seems that you guys come here to be argumentive with us. Why do you bother to waste your time. We don't listen to you. Nothing disrespectful. I would never put myself into a situation where I do not belong. I don't go to annuity sites or to active managment sites and try to HELP THEM. I will not waste my time. Don't confuse trying to help people when your information is biased and your helpfulness is not recieved in the greatest blessing.

I completely understand the attacks on us around here when we complain that VG is not on the 403b list any more. This is a real problem and yet you don't listen and blame us by citing IRS code over and over. You put a good face on some product that we already know is too expensive. The 403b is in deep trouble and plenty of savvy educators are not going to sign on to insurance companies.

Happy new year,

Steve

Steve,

The custodial account agreement for Retirement Solutions clearly states that the only fee is the $35 annual custodial fee. There are no additional fees on that platform it is writing and all Johnnie has to do is to receive the custodial account agreement which is given to all investors. If he were to go onto the Retirement Solutions Premier platform he would be given the Investment Advisory Agreement which clearly lists the .9% annual fee. It is truly quite simple. As a matter of fact there are separate applications for both platforms.

I have never attacked you on Vanguard. You state that we don't listen so then why did we step up and decide to offer to keep Vanguard participants in Vanguard for $35 a year.

You clearly have a hatred for me and people in my profession and I will pray for you because that is what I have learned to do for people who hate me or persecute me. Vengenance is mine saith the Lord I shall repay!

I think that I have provided accurate and honest information on this forum. Biased? Come on Steve you are biased aren't you? I have done nothing but applaud those on here who are serious about investing! Have a great day!

CL

If what you say is true who is the rep that you set This up with at Lincoln? Lincoln is available in my wife district in Oak lawn Illinois, but when I contacted her to get information All I got was 35.00 a year plus 90 basis points.

Rich

Rich,

OLCHS

Check the fine print also with Lincoln. They are also charging 90 basis ponit per year for funds under mangment. Even if you do your own thing with vanguard.

Rich

I've gone over this subject again and again with the Lincoln Salesman/Advisor. Although producing no documentation, he says that the account will be on their "Retirement Solutions Platform" which doesn't charge that 90 basis point fee, and which is normally limited to a bunch of load funds. As a special case, they're allowing Vanguard funds, and because Vanguard doesn't charge a load, all that's left to be paid is a $35/year custodial fee. He also said this special exception is available nation-wide to anyone who has Lincoln as a 403b choice and also will be transferring from a Vanguard account currently receiving contributions. Just make sure they don't sign you up for the Premier account, which has that .9% fee. I'm still not sure how comfortable I'll be with this company in the middle, but as of now it seems the best choice.

Johnny,

OLCHS

CL

Rich

Rich,

OLCHS

Rich

Johnny,

OLCHS

I believe that you are referring to OLCHS 229? This is not a district in my control. The rep there is is an independent person who brokers through us. Let me make a call for you and see what I can do for you. If it is 218 than I am in control of that district but I believe when you said "her" than it must be 229.

CL

Rich

Rich,

OLCHS

Rich

Johnny,

OLCHS

I believe that you are referring to OLCHS 229? This is not a district in my control. The rep there is is an independent person who brokers through us. Let me make a call for you and see what I can do for you. If it is 218 than I am in control of that district but I believe when you said "her" than it must be 229.

Cl you are correct 229