Sign in to follow this  
sschullo

Calstrs 403bcomply Expanded

Related to cost, my wife's SD is paying the $24/year participant cost to use calstrs 403bcomply. This is a very reasonable option given the loss of custodial accounts with individual mutual fund company's under the new regulations.

Gerry L.

Am I reading this correctly? Will CalStrs act as the TPA? Much like Tax Deferred Services, Envoy, Schoosfirst, etc...? Except at no cost?

That would be fantastic.

Unfortunately the website was updated and the new text contained a typographical error. It should say "Low Cost". CalSTRS charges $2.00 per participant.

Am I reading this correctly? Will CalStrs act as the TPA? Much like Tax Deferred Services, Envoy, Schoosfirst, etc...? Except at no cost?

That would be fantastic.

Unfortunately the website was updated and the new text contained a typographical error. It should say "Low Cost". CalSTRS charges $2.00 per participant.

at $2.00 per participant it's still a great deal.

Hey Julia,

How does it go? Thanks again for the workshop at UTLA. Hopefully, we will have another next spring.

CalSTRS should say $24 per year for the cost. Everybody in the financial management profession says "low cost" or "no cost to you, the company pays my fee, etc." Its vague and unintentually keeps educators ignorant.

What does CalSTRS have to hide? $24 is a great deal, easy to understand, its clear and protects against liability and yet the vagueness continues.

As you can see groundswell thought it was per year.

You know me. I always have something to say to improve CalSTRS communication because its needs to educate people.

Steve