Brian222Golf

We Just Added Vanguard!

I checked out the EAS website and looked at all their school districts in WA state. Not a single one has Vanguard signed on, so the PA miracle is indeed an unusual occurrence.

PA is the home state for VG and VG wants to make nice to the home state regulators. In PA VG is offered through a broker/TPA who takes all the responsibility for insuring compliance with the applicable tax laws without any liability to VG.

I found this old post when doing a search of Kades-Margolis and wondered if Vanguard was being offered in PA still to many districts. My wife has her old account sitting at Vanguard and I was going to use Aspire but her district says not enough people use it yet. Since PSEA lobbied to get Vanguard back I may ask her to ask her PSEA rep to push it with the school district. It's not on the list but Kades-Margolis is and a bunch of other crappy ones.

I found this old post when doing a search of Kades-Margolis and wondered if Vanguard was being offered in PA still to many districts. My wife has her old account sitting at Vanguard and I was going to use Aspire but her district says not enough people use it yet. Since PSEA lobbied to get Vanguard back I may ask her to ask her PSEA rep to push it with the school district. It's not on the list but Kades-Margolis is and a bunch of other crappy ones.

I'm not familiar with Aspire for 403b investments. But, I have to wonder if they are related to the company of same name that runs Charter Schools, mainly in CA. I would think if Kades-Margolis is on the list there would be no problem as the S.D. would have signed their docs. Go through your PSEA UNISERVE REP(employee of PSEA), NOT your bldg. rep. If they are not familiar with the situation, refer them to the post on the PSEA web site: http://www.psea.org/general.aspx?id=3848

However, be aware since my contributions seems to pass thru several hands before it get to Vanguard, there is sometimes a delay of up to 6 weeks before my contributions show up at Vanguard. GOOD LUCK.

I'm not familiar with Aspire for 403b investments. But, I have to wonder if they are related to the company of same name that runs Charter Schools, mainly in CA. I would think if Kades-Margolis is on the list there would be no problem as the S.D. would have signed their docs. Go through your PSEA UNISERVE REP(employee of PSEA), NOT your bldg. rep. If they are not familiar with the situation, refer them to the post on the PSEA web site: http://www.psea.org/general.aspx?id=3848

However, be aware since my contributions seems to pass thru several hands before it get to Vanguard, there is sometimes a delay of up to 6 weeks before my contributions show up at Vanguard. GOOD LUCK.

Elaine,

I am pretty sure the word Aspire is just a power word that a charter school company would like for an "inspiring" name. No connection with Aspire, the investment company formerly known as 403bASP.

BUT The real reason I am responding is to gasp at the idea of so many middlemen that your contributions take up to 6 weeks to get credited to your Vanguard account and "go to work for you." My school district (Clarkston, WA) uses CSP to process contributions, and I have been grumpy because it usually takes 10-14 days after paydates to show up at Vanguard. My WA state 457 and state retirement system contributions only take 3-4 days to arrive. So CSP charges me $2.50 per month for "compliance" and also makes money on the float for a week every month (grrr).

Gordo