Jump to content

How To Report 457b Overpayment & Distribution To Irs

Recommended Posts

Towards the end of 2009, I switched 457b account providers. Knowing I was going to switch, I delayed deductions with the intent of contributing one final payment to max out my 2009 contributions. As I should have expected, my payroll department miscalculated sent in too much money ($10.43) . I caught the error and had the new provider distribute to me in early 2010 the excess contribution. I am now preparing my tax return. How do I report this excess payroll deduction and subsequent return of the funds. Which form should I use? Any help will be appreciated.





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...