Sign in to follow this  
tony

The Fall Of Trust In America

Yep, the crash of 2008 and the bailouts have changed everything. I like to think that investing in index portfolio is the strategy to take the risk that you need for growth while simultaneously, you bypass the managers, Wall Street, big banks and brokerage firms. Last I heard both TIAA CREF and Vanguard have not had any bailout dollars cause they make money the old fashion way, they earn it the slow methodical way of average market returns over decades, NOT the high flying hedge funds and short term speculatory "beat the market" active managing crap.

I also like the think that the trading has slowed down because so many of us are in index funds and by definition we hardly trade at all. YES!

Steve

Yep, the crash of 2008 and the bailouts have changed everything. I like to think that investing in index portfolio is the strategy to take the risk that you need for growth while simultaneously, you bypass the managers, Wall Street, big banks and brokerage firms. Last I heard both TIAA CREF and Vanguard have not had any bailout dollars cause they make money the old fashion way, they earn it the slow methodical way of average market returns over decades, NOT the high flying hedge funds and short term speculatory "beat the market" active managing crap.

I also like the think that the trading has slowed down because so many of us are in index funds and by definition we hardly trade at all. YES!

Steve

Tony and Steve --

I believe that the no-load fund families are a different breed of cat. I can't recall any of them receiving bailout $$, being the subject of investigative reporting, or being held up for examination. None have been involved in high profile tell-all books like Lehmann Bros, Citi, Morgan Stanley and the rest of the criminal element. They run on a different ethical code,it seems to me.

But if I am mistaken, please tell me so... wou;nd't want to be hanging onto an erroneous idea...........JudyS