eimntu

Wealth Managers At Tiaa-Cref

It used to be that I had easy access to the Wealth Management group at TIAA-CREF. Whenever I called the TIAA-CREF main number, it was usually one of them who would answer, and I could easily reach a particular one if I needed to by using his/her extension number. I found this very valuable because often the "regular" people are not very knowledgeable. This seems to be a level of service available if you have a certain $ amount in your account.

Although the value of my account has not declined from where it was when I last talked to someone in Wealth Management, I no longer have access to that group. They never answer when I call the main number. I was able to leave a message for one person whose extension I have, but he has never returned the call.

Has it gone out of existence, or has TIAA-CREF increased the account value that qualifies one for this service?

Guest Joel Frank

It used to be that I had easy access to the Wealth Management group at TIAA-CREF. Whenever I called the TIAA-CREF main number, it was usually one of them who would answer, and I could easily reach a particular one if I needed to by using his/her extension number. I found this very valuable because often the "regular" people are not very knowledgeable. This seems to be a level of service available if you have a certain $ amount in your account.

Although the value of my account has not declined from where it was when I last talked to someone in Wealth Management, I no longer have access to that group. They never answer when I call the main number. I was able to leave a message for one person whose extension I have, but he has never returned the call.

Has it gone out of existence, or has TIAA-CREF increased the account value that qualifies one for this service?

Why not get a call into the T/C Executive Offices and find out what is going on?

Why not get a call into the T/C Executive Offices and find out what is going on?

It seemed easier to find out this way. Have you been able to get good info. from the TIAA-CREF Executive Offices?

It seemed easier to find out this way. Have you been able to get good info. from the TIAA-CREF Executive Offices?

I would suggest an additonal method of getting to the bottom of this issue and that is contacting you employer. Employers, as plan sponsors, can and do have imput with TIAA as to the extent wealth management services are provided to their plan participants.

I am retired, and left that employer 30 years ago. My former employer no longer offers TIAA-CREF plans.

I have made an inquiry via the TIAA-CREF online message service.

Maybe they are just busy. The market for the last 3 months or so has been volatile with many macro-economic issues and problems. Could be they are just busy dealing with problems on their front and don't have time to answer calls.

Hmmm. I'm not in Wealth Management but I get through very easily whenever I've called the enroll/transfer/plan management folks, if I use the dedicated CalStrs P2 number, not the general Tiaa number. In fact, I have an appt to speak with someone on MOnday and will ask him about this, as it may be that I'll be in that section, too. So far, if I've had portfolio questions, I"ve always been connected immediately or gotten a call back pretty quickly.