Guest Joel L. Frank

Statewide 403(B) Plans

Guest Joel L. Frank

Let's compile a list of those states that offer a statewide 403(b) Plan.

AL, CA, NJ, NC are states that come to mind as offering a 403(b) plan. Let's expand the list. Maybe Dan can place the list on the homepage.

Guest Joel L. Frank

Virginia offers a state wide 457b plan which is pretty impressive: https://vadcp.ingplans.com/einfo/pdfs/forms/virgna/650271/0112_investment_performance.pdf

Yes, many states offer excellent 457(b) plans. Some are offered to all employers: state, county, local, school district, public authority. THIS IS THE CASE IN NY---NY, HOWEVER, DOES NOT OFFER A STATEWIDE 403(b) PLAN.

Having said that, let's concentrate on the statewide 403(b)plans because based on it restrictions it must be offered to all school districts in the state. If we compile another list for statewide 457(b) plans lets make sure they are open to all public employers in the state; i.e., NY.

The shift to statewide 403(b) plans is in full operational mode. LET'S START LISTING!!!

Guest Joel L. Frank

Sierra

why did you post this on the 457 forum then

Tony--I did not recognize I was on the 457(b) Discussion Board. Sorry about that.

In any event, let's comprise two lists on this Board: One for statewide 403(b) K-12 and the other for statewide 457(b) that includes state, local, school district and public authorities in the particular state. Omit those 457(b) plans that are just for the state's employees. I will start the two lists:

403(b) List: AL, CA, NJ (just one investment fund). 457(b) List: NY.

Just email me with your ad-ons and I will keep the two lists current and in alphabetical order.

Joel