Sign in to follow this  
Edd

403Byes-Or-No?

Tony, I am curious as to your asset allocation within your strategy. Can you share what you have in the each--deferred, taxable, Roth? Not amounts, of course, simply what funds you put into each. International, domestic, bonds, reits, etc.

Thanks,

Edd

Edd

I have 50% Large Caps and 50% Mid and small caps in my domestic equity position. I am about 20% International (75 Large caps and 25% small caps both with Vanguard Index Funds. I am 35-40% Bonds-40% Total Bond Index and 40% Tips and about 20% High Yield Bonds and international bonds

All of my bond funds are in tax deferred accounts. I think this is a must with all the dividends.

I plan on retiring in about two years and will have a defined benefit plan. Still, I am only adding to bonds now regardless if they are doing poorly.

If I could go back in time, I would only own three-five index funds. Unfortunately over the years I had to make changes constantly as investment options improved or changed and I learned more about investing. My 403b experiences have been a mess.

I own about 13 total funds but I used to own twice that many so I am making progress. My total expense ratio (average) is .43

and moving lower year by year. There is no other stock strategy, I have mutual stock funds in Roth, Tax-advantaged, and taxable.

My biggest fustration has always been getting rid of funds I didn't want. When I turn 59.5 next year I am streamlining even more as I will be able to unload /transfer even more to Vanguard.

If you are young today I would suggest a low cost target-retirement fund and then go live your life.