moj81

Axa Equitable's Equi-vest Plan

Hi, I am a new teacher in NY and someone from AXA has been in the school for the past week pushing the AXA Equitable Equi-Vest 403b plan. The fees seem complicated and vary depending on certain types of investments (series 100, 200, 300 & 400 funds?). I wanted to know if anyone knows if they are a good company to start a 403b with. Who would I ask to find out if the district offers other 403b companies or a 457b? I obviously don't want to ask the AXA salesman, but I would like more realistic info from a less biased source. Thank you for your help.

~Morgan

They are expensive. Unless the Axa salesman's advice is worth the cost, I would look at your other choices. Get a vendors list from your payroll office and post your choices. I am suree someone here will help you sort through them.

Mark Fischer

Equitable is very expensive i would deffinately look and the vendor list like fishermh said. I would look for a more inexpensive fund company such as American Funds, Oppenheimer or Franklin and Templeton. I work with an advisor and I have found it very helpful he put me in the correct investments and services my account on a regular basis. I was to busy preparing lesson plans and correcting papers to worry about doing it myself. I would rather have a Advisor look over everything. Keep in mind make sure you find the right advisor you can interview many different ones and then go with the one who you are most comfortable with. The best think I ever did was get out of my TSA or variable annuity and into mutual funds the costs are much less.