Sign in to follow this  
tony

Rule To Make Brokers Act In Client's Interest Still Pending After

Two things:

1. From the article Tony posted: "David O’Brien, a certified financial planner, has tried to repair the retirement portfolios of several victims over the years. There was the high school science teacher who didn’t realize she had been sold a variable annuity, where layers of incomprehensible fees devoured nearly 2.5 percent of her retirement savings each year. Then there was the woman fighting cancer, who was also sold a high-cost annuity, but whose underlying investments were tied up in a money-market type fund — one that cost 1.5 percent annually."
  2. We need to get this Advisor Fiduciary Pledge into the hands of as many participants as possible. Would love to be a fly on the wall when a TSA rep is handed this.

Dan Otter

You, Scotty, I and anybody else with a web or blog presence should coordinate our efforts to pass the fiduciary pledge around to as many social media connections as possible on a regular basis, such as once or twice a month. I belong to several LinkedIn LAUSD groups with hundreds of names. Many of my Twitter 1000+ followers and Facebook friends are also LAUSD colleagues. It's an easy task for anybody to use, just print it out and give it to their adviser. The trick is getting the adviser's supervisor or the company in which the independent adviser gets his or her products to also sign it. That's where the buck stops.

You, Scotty, I and anybody else with a web or blog presence should coordinate our efforts to pass the fiduciary pledge around to as many social media connections as possible on a regular basis, such as once or twice a month. I belong to several LinkedIn LAUSD groups with hundreds of names. Many of my Twitter 1000+ followers and Facebook friends are also LAUSD colleagues. It's an easy task for anybody to use, just print it out and give it to their adviser. The trick is getting the adviser's supervisor or the company in which the independent adviser gets his or her products to also sign it. That's where the buck stops.

I couldn't agree more. I shared it with a reporter I spoke with Friday.

Dan Otter