tony

Why Introverted Teachers Are Burning Out

I know this is not 403b-related but this is why all of you should save as much as possible. I am retiring this year after 33 years of teaching and this article explains why I could not make it another year even if I wanted to. How I made it this long amazes me. Luckily ,due to savings I will be ready to walk away in June.

http://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2016/01/why-introverted-teachers-are-burning-out/425151/

Tony

Tony,

This article defines where I am right now especially with increased demands being put on us. This week we had 2 hours where parents and grandparents could watch us teach. Maddening. Its like we have to be performers too. My problem? This is only my 20th year. Im stuck. Horrible place to be. Thank you for sharing so I know Im not alone.

Deb19

Hang in there Deb!

Hopefully in the next ten years the pendulum will swing back in your favor. I can look back to what a sorry state my 403b plan was 10-15 years ago. Things have gotten somewhat better since then in that area. Be optimistic going forward in your job and keep saving so when the time comes to walk away, you will have something to show for your hard work.

Tony

So Tony, are we going to have a 403bwise online retirement party for you? I'll bring the drinks.....

Great idea Dave! Tony has been an incredible asset to the 403b reform movement. We need more teachers like him to come out and start demanding changes in all areas of public education.

Steve and Dave

The online drinks might be easier to pull off than bringing changes to education especially when it comes to the insurance infested 403b.

I just finished my exit interview and I wasn't very nice. One thing I wrote was that all insurance products pertaining to the 403b should be removed immediately and all the sales reps sent packing.

Tony