Sign in to follow this  
MoeMoney

Podcast # 25

Steve and Dan,

Every podcast here is a valuable source of information. Easy to listen to as I'm walking or driving. However, this last one is quite remarkable. Both of you endured more than anyone would ever want to and yet you are both able to share your experiences and emotions with us so that we, in part, could focus on the financial side of death and what it means for our families. I couldn't help marvel at your generosity to enlighten listeners and readers while exposing your emotions. For that we owe you our gratitude.

Moemoney, Steve, Dan

You reminded me by posting your remarks that I hadn't listened to the podcast 25. I listened to it yesterday and I can't get it out of my mind. Steve and Dan thank-you for sharing and opening up so much of yourselves. Its rare in this day and age to see that much emotional honesty.

I woke up this morning and that podcast was still in my mind. Really makes you think what really matters in life. Steve hang in there, things will get back to normal for you in time like it did for Dan even though a loss is a loss that can't be replaced. I still struggle over the loss of both my parents and I am in the unpleasant process of having to empty and sell their/my house where I grew up. I plan on taking that on fulltime in June after my retirement. I am not looking forward to it.

Tony

Steve and Dan,

Every podcast here is a valuable source of information. Easy to listen to as I'm walking or driving. However, this last one is quite remarkable. Both of you endured more than anyone would ever want to and yet you are both able to share your experiences and emotions with us so that we, in part, could focus on the financial side of death and what it means for our families. I couldn't help marvel at your generosity to enlighten listeners and readers while exposing your emotions. For that we owe you our gratitude.

Very brave!

Dan and Scott,

I listened to your last podcast about National Education Association NEA, and National Tax-deferred Savings Association NTSA (shameful! and not surprising, comments on this later). Anyway, you mentioned the emails you got about the previous podcast on losing our spouses. Just wanted to say that I also have received heartfelt PMs from posters here on this board.

Last Saturday at UTLA headquarters during the investment workshop, people I did not know offered condolences, remembering Dan and I giving presentations, reading our blog or remembered my union newspaper columns about 403b. I was touched and happy they remembered Dan and his unique sense of humor.

Have a great weekend,

Steve