Sign in to follow this  
sschullo

For K-12 Teachers: My Classroom Economy Free Lessons

Developed by famed LAUSD teacher Rafe Esquith, one of the best teachers in American with many teaching awards.

Vanguard made a very smart decision to acquire his economic lessons he described in his book, "There Are No Short-cuts" Partheon Books, NY, 2003. Read the comments section of Esquith's book. I agree with some of the critics that you might be both inspired and intimated with this teacher's intensity and many gifts that I do not have. Still, I learned to be a teacher through reading and watching good teachers work.

http://www.myclassroomeconomy.org/ The economic lessons and materials are all free, thanks to Vanguard.

Just as John Bogle and the Bogleheads, I was also inspired and intimidated by the massive gifts that so many Bogleheads bring to the investment strategies table. I did not invent this stuff, I am a mere conduit of diversification, low costs, stock/bond split, rebalancing etc. There are hundreds of very savvy, smart Bogleheads, and they are nice and giving of their time and expertise. I met many of them at a Boglehead conference. My gift is recognizing the positive gifts of from others (whether teachers or DIY investors, and my 40 year marriage to another wonderful person, my late hubby, Dan) from whom I can learn and grow. All of the stuff I post and my two books are from my readings of others combined with my life experiences. Lincoln said that all of the stuff he learned were from books, and we all know he was our greatest President.

If you are a teacher, I highly recommend reading this book, not just for his economic program, but for his many creative ideas for all teachers.

Interesting stuff Steve! Thanks. "intimidated?"

Your welcome and thanks for your editing skills. This is the second time and I love getting my writing improved. I can't do this stuff alone.

As a side note: Would you want to be a reader on my revised Late Bloomer Millionaires book that I hope to get published in the spring or summer of 2017?

I already have a wonderful non fiction critique group and a professional editor, who is a retired AP journalist from the Manhattan AP office and he knows economics. He edited Scott Dauenhauer's book, "Wild West."

You would read an advanced copy before I officially publish it, complimentary of course.

My offer to krow36 is open to everyone probably up to 35 people. The requirement is that you read the book and offer a quote that will be published in the book.

Have a great day,

Steve

Sure Steve, I'd be glad to help with the editing. By the way, I bet you meant to say Flagship, not Admiral in the thread on advisors? I've also had a tough time remembering "Flagship". (We've also made use of the CFP.)

Sure Steve, I'd be glad to help with the editing. By the way, I bet you meant to say Flagship, not Admiral in the thread on advisors? I've also had a tough time remembering "Flagship". (We've also made use of the CFP.)

Right again. Thanks for chipping in.