Admin

403(B) Story: How A 7Th Grade Teacher Got Better 403(B) Choices

Update to story: Board of Education votes last night to approve Fidelity. Teacher set out to get Vanguard. Ended up with Fidelity. Not a bad outcome.

Dan

Wonderful news, Mark. Our advocacy is slowly spreading.

For all teachers who think you are alone, quoting from Mark's story:

Over the following weeks I became a sponge and read everything I could find on Warren Buffett and listened to a number of his interviews. I also discovered a whole new world that was totally unknown to me: an army of individuals online who were doing or had blazed an amazing trail on the retirement/investment front. I cannot thank these folks enough: Dan Otter of 403bwise; planner and former teacher Tony Isola; planner Scott Dauenhauer; planner Dave Grant; retired teacher and 403(b) advocate Steve Schullo; Andrew Hallam; Ed Mills, the Millionaire Educator; Mr. Money Mustache; Scott Alan Turner; Mad Fientist, the Boglehead forum and many others.

We can add on Tony and krow36, who are tremendous assets to our movement. Also, Scott Simon (writes for M* about 403b), our entire advisory committee with LAUSD, Wisconsin state 403b plan, CalSTRS Pension2 and their consultants.

I know there are more frequent posters here.

Mark,

John Bogle told me when I mentioned the 403b. He said "don't get me started!" I love that man.

Vanguard is not on our list either for the same reason, our 403b TPA gets money from all of the high priced vendors. Vanguard refuses that BS!

Steve

Mark,

John Bogle told me when I mentioned the 403b. He said "don't get me started!" I love that man.

Vanguard is not on our list either for the same reason, our 403b TPA gets money from all of the high priced vendors. Vanguard refuses that BS!

Steve

He's fantastic! And I get it being right in the middle of all that.