Sign in to follow this  
Red Raider

Voya, Valic And Mass Mutual

My school district now offers only three 403b providers- Voya, Valic, and Mass Mutual. We have a fairly new superintendent who seems receptive to input about the possibility of better choices. After I forwarded the recent Bwise Alert article "7th Grade Teacher Gets Better 403b Choices", his response was "I have discussed the issue with one of our providers and he feels we have many choices as far as how our dollars are invested and many choices on funds. He did say that many 403b's in the past had overcharged customers, but with the plan the district has at this point that is not happening...."

Is the provider he talked to correct? How would I find out how the fee structure of those 3 providers compares to other choices? I need to have printed data to back up any appeals to register other providers. And if there are better provider options than those 3 companies, can you suggest some?

Thank you for helping me! I've been wanting to make sure I had the best possible 403b options for years.

If he talked to one of those 3 providers you listed, then of course they will tell him that. With only three providers, they want to keep it that way so there's less competition as far as providers go. The person who he talked to is not looking out for your best interest, only for their own benefit.

Typical. They go the guilty parties for answers. A huge mistake. I brought this up in a different post. So many just don't get it.

Ken isn't 403b compare just for California ? or is it accurate for the whole country. ?