Sign in to follow this  
edietel

403B To Roth?

Good read, I enjoyed the conversation. One suggested resource for edietel would be to check out the millionaireeducator blog, specifically how he uses the different 403b, 457, Roths etc. to pay less taxes. My understanding is that he maximizes his pretax options, which drops his current tax liability significantly. He was to the extreme between he and his wife maxing our both 403b, 457 etc.. They paid very minimum taxes and then when they retired after 10 years of extreme saving and frugal living they are able to pull money from those tax advantaged accounts at very low tax brackets.

Yes, Ed Mills the Millionaire Educator is an inspiration for teachers looking to retire early. I retired decades ago after teaching 16 years, at 56 and used some of my 403b to tide us over until SS kicked in. We lived very frugally on a small sailboat. Different strokes. . . . Check out podcasts #18 and recently #42. All the podcasts are a great resource!

http://teachandretirerich.com/podcasts/