EdLaFave

Fact Check My Analysis Of Top 5 403(B)/457(B) Vendors In Fl.

If anybody has the time or interest to fact check me, I've put together a breakdown of the 5 best 403(b)/457(b) vendors offered in Florida. https://educatorsfightingforfairness.wordpress.com/floridas-best-403b-457b-vendors

My website has gotten a few non-OCPS(FL) visitors and I'd like to provide them with a solid overview of what are probably their best options. I listed the total fees and funds to use for both a 3 fund portfolio and a 1 fund portfolio.

If you're able to find any omissions or errors please let me know. Maybe I'm even missing an awesome vendor? I'll be reviewing it for the next few days before I actually link to it from my site.

Thanks!

Great job! Very impressive! You two are cute!

• Are you ready for some suggestions? You asked and here are a few. My first suggestion is to put spaces between your lists. It makes it easier to read. Use bullet points too. Just to break things up.
  • Include pictures on every page.
  • If your audience is colleagues, you have a lot of acronyms and ticker symbols. Our folks don't care and don't know ticker symbols. Always assume our folks know NOTHING! Don't know what a stock is. You could offer a link that states "for colleagues who are already savvy investors." Many of our colleagues are savvy too and don't want to get insulted.
  • And when you say "we" or "our" is it you and your wife?
  • When you mention Security Benefit, you state that you will get no help or SB will even deny they have a low-cost plan! You might need to repeat this on every page that our colleagues will have to enroll on their own. You mention this in your story but not everyone is going to read your story first.
  • Never put something on that is unnecessary. This is complicated stuff. You already have a ton a great information. Take out TR Price.
  • TIAA is a good vendor. Their annuities are mutual funds with no surrender fees and no commissions.

These are first things I noticed. You want the visitor to have a good experience and if they want to get right to the point, you have that too.

Steve

Thanks Steve! I'm quite tired so I might be asking stupid questions but...

1. Which lists need more vertical spacing? Every bulleted list?
  2. My wife does the graphics and she agrees.
  3. I'm going to go through and search for acronyms. Do you think the ticker symbols cause more harm to novices than they help intermediate folks? Maybe I should just get rid of them.
  4. "We" = me and my wife. If someday people join our effort "we" will refer to everybody involved.
  5. Gotcha, I'll have to do the same with PlanMember Direct.
  6. TR Price reference got the axe (as did a similar reference somewhere else).
  7. I consider TIAA to be a fairly well intentioned actor but there are 5 other vendors in FL that allow you to construct a similarly awesome portfolio for cheaper.

I appreciate your time, guidance, and inspiration!

Thanks Steve! I'm quite tired so I might be asking stupid questions but...

1. Which lists need more vertical spacing? Every bulleted list?
  2. My wife does the graphics and she agrees.
  3. I'm going to go through and search for acronyms. Do you think the ticker symbols cause more harm to novices than they help intermediate folks? Maybe I should just get rid of them.
  4. "We" = me and my wife. If someday people join our effort "we" will refer to everybody involved.
  5. Gotcha, I'll have to do the same with PlanMember Direct.
  6. TR Price reference got the axe (as did a similar reference somewhere else).
  7. I consider TIAA to be a fairly well intentioned actor but there are 5 other vendors in FL that allow you to construct a similarly awesome portfolio for cheaper.

I appreciate your time, guidance, and inspiration!

These pages need spaces: https://educatorsfightingforfairness.wordpress.com/our-purpse/, https://educatorsfightingforfairness.wordpress.com/set-up-your-ocps-403b-457b/ and https://educatorsfightingforfairness.wordpress.com/reform-ocps-403b-457b/