DustinVoss

I have a meeting with head of CPS Human Resources, advice is welcome

I may have an upcoming meeting with Matt Lyons who is the "chief talent officer" here in Chicago public schools. I am trying to reform our 403b and 457 programs. I know that some of you on here have done similar advocacy in your districts and would love any advice you can give.

You can search my history to find my answers to this type of question. Cliff notes (likely incomplete):

1. Get an understanding of how well he understands the problem.

2. Clearly explain the problem.

3. Get an understanding of why they may not want to change after they now understand the problem.

4. Offer a clearly defined solution to the problem and offer to do as much of the work as possible for them.

5. Listen and respond to what is motivating this person...be so well prepared that you can respond to the unexpected on the fly.

6. Go in expecting that this problem exists due to ignorance and/or not making it a priority, which is quite different than corruption or ill intent. 

Dustin, if my memory serves me correctly, you asked and got feedback before here on this topic. You might get some info from this older link