dbhclh

My vendor list

I have my list from the district.  Are any of these good options?

I have tried to get Vanguard added, but no luck yet.

Thanks for any comments.

Capture.PNG.b8628d8db74807273589db9e1a475562.PNG

There are actually two companies named Lincoln and one of them offers a Participant Directed Plan (PDP) in limited areas of the country. Search the forms to find out if it's Lincoln Investment that offers the PDP plan (I think it is) and figure out if you have access to it. This thread may be a good starting point, I'll leave the homework up to you.

If not, then ASPire is the best option on the list. I documented their plan here. It isn't as good as Vanguard or Fidelity, but it is reasonable enough, definitely worth using.

I was able to get Vanguard and Fidelity added to my district's list of approved vendors and I'm happy to help you do it. Somebody recently asked me for general advice on the Bogleheads site and this is what I had to say. Reach out to me if you need help or insight to get the job done. You can do it.

The other thing to consider is that some states have state sponsored 457b plans (for example, NY has a pretty good one). It is possible that is the best option. Either way, you're in good shape with ASPire being the "floor" of your options.

I want to emphasize with Aspire you can tap into pretty much any fund you want and won't need a salesperson, so your over all costs will be cheaper. I think Aspire is a doable option and is far from the maddening crowd of annuity products. How do you self-direct? just write it on the application or call them.