Sign in to follow this  
tony

Cost To Live In Every State. Nicely Done Article

No doubt about it, some states are more affordable than others, and some countries (e.g. Thailand or Panama) are more affordable than anyplace in the US.  But I'd like to know what percentage of people actually relocate in retirement, I'll bet it is small.  I live in one of the highest cost areas (Los Angeles), but I do not expect to move.  It's home (plus I greatly value the city's amenities: museums, concerts and such).  Anybody here who has moved or is planning to move in order to make your dollars go further?

38 minutes ago, whyme said:

Anybody here who has moved or is planning to move in order to make your dollars go further?

Yes, I moved with my late hubby back in 2008 when I retired.

We moved from Los Angeles to the desert where the standard of living is a little lower, but especially housing. The house I live in now would cost several million just about anywhere in Los Angeles. 

Thanks, Steve, for reminding me that moving to a lower-cost area doesn't always mean a huge cultural dislocation.  Palm Springs is a nice town!  And LA is still within reach.