Sign in to follow this  
mqkudy

457 - NEA Direct Investment & Aspire

So my district has incredible 403b options. Fidelity and Vanguard. We're lucky. But my one 457 option is Encompass More. Not good I know. The HR dept. sent me a list of 457 providers that my 3rd party company NBS Benefits commonly uses. She said we should be able to get some of them if I wanted to try, which I'm going to. Most of the 40 are garbage, but Aspire is on the list. Does anyone know their exact fee structure? I heard you may be able to invest in index fund with Fidelity and Vanguard? 

My second questions is regarding NEA Direct Investment. I know they are an option with the 403b. How about with a 457? Thanks everyone?

Sorry for the delay in responding to you sooner!  Aspire has a $40/yr fee and adds 0.15% to the ER of the funds you use. Yes, there's a long list of both Fidelity and Vanguard funds available. If you google "Aspire 403b FAQ" you will see lots of information. You can choose to have a self-directed account and not use an advisor, which adds 0.6% to the fees.

NEA Direct Invest is for a 403b only, not for a 457. 

On 2/3/2020 at 11:23 AM, krow36 said:

NEA Direct Invest is for a 403b only, not for a 457. 

Thanks, krow36 for this info.  This helps me to consider my option for providers under 457.