Luisa

New TPA

Hi! 

I am a silent reader here as this is my 2nd post since my 1st more than 12 years ago...  I am really enjoying and learning a lot from posts and stories of teachers here. I thought I was in good place till something  happened. 

Last year, our school district changed 3rd party administrator (TPA) from TSA to Omni. We used to have Fidelity but no longer available now. I will not touch my 403b at Fidelity, leave it there until I retire. Is that ok? 

I am also making Roth IRA contribution to Vanguard but still want to make new 457 contributions. However,  I am now lost which one should I get. Here are the choices left for me 😞

MetLife, AXA, AIG, American Century, Aspire, Forester, Oppenheimer, Lincoln, Voya, Waddell, National Life, Security Benefits, PlanMember Services

I prefer to have mutual funds but most of the companies above are offering annuities ;-(

Please help! I would appreciate any advise you would give... 

Thanks,

Luisa

P.S.

I was at Metlife 12 years ago but reading a lot here made more confident to transfer my account to Fidelity (per advise by expert good hearted people here) 

Are you sure you are not grandfathered into the plan you had previously opened at Fidelity? I am currently with Aspire. There is a maintenance charge and they do charge basis points. I would look into them first.

JC

3 hours ago, JC. said:

Are you sure you are not grandfathered into the plan you had previously opened at Fidelity? I am currently with Aspire. There is a maintenance charge and they do charge basis points. I would look into them first.

JC

Hi JC!  Thanks for the reply. 

No, I was given letters and emails that I could not continue the contributions at Fidelity.  I made several phone calls to confirm the content of the letter but got surprised with the advise to rollover with any of the existing approved vendors listed above, which I will not  do even there is 3% bonus.

Does Aspire have mutual funds?  How much does it charge?  I am trying to avoid high maintenance fees/charges as much as possible.

On 1/31/2020 at 9:09 PM, JC. said:

Aspire charges $40 and .15%. Not horrible.

JC

Thanks, JC!  With these information,  I am now studying the application and agreement form of Aspire