tony

2 Easy Ways To Profit FromThis Market

Well, it’s official. 

The world is panicked, toilet paper is sold out, and the stock market is tanking.

It turns out, I’m not the only one that found this coronavirus stuff terrifying. In the days after I voiced some concerns, the rest of the world followed suit. It’s like everyone collectively realized worldwide pandemics are most definitely not a good thing. All at once.

https://mymoneywizard.com/2-ways-profit-falling-stock-market/

worse plummet today  since 1987 if beyond that  and we are far from done. This will be a historical breaking event. Hang in there.  So much we can learn in situations like this. Much to discuss later. Stay safe.

Motley Fool had a surprisingly good YouTube video on investing during a bear market: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex8WR_1zLxE

They really emphasized sticking with your original plan and focusing long term. Timing the market and seeking short term gains was really discouraged. Normally I don't tune into their stuff, because it feels like they are trying to sell advice.

Dollar cost averaging and maintaining your asset allocation are good tips from that mymoneywizard article. Maybe I'll look at re-balancing after today.

Thanks for sharing. Predictions are useless  because we can always be surprised but a downfall like this looks oversold  to me because it happened too fast. it will rebound with any good news if  there will be any good news  to be had. A V shaped recovery is possible. I really thought the fed action on interest rates would have buoyed the market. I was wrong. I'm  feeling very little pain because of a move to bonds just before things all went bad. I made the move before the virus hysteria because my gut feeling was we were close to the end of this incredible stock market run. After loosing 50% of my money the last two major  events many years ago I've lost the appetite for rebuilding. But I'm 65 years old. I've lost but not that much . I agree the only game to play is dollar cost averaging every two weeks or month with each paycheck  into the market because getting in now all at once would be foolish because the market may still fall. If you have got a good bit of cash I would put some in  an IRA account every few weeks .  If you have a 403b, I would do nothing except continue contributing every paycheck to your current allocation. You will come out fine long term. The worst thing now is to sell stocks and move into bonds or cash. 

These moments are great educational moments. We learn more during downturns because we suddenly are brought back to reality and start paying closer attention. When the market is always going  up we become delusional, complacent, and euphoric thinking good things will happen forever. Somebody important once said when everybody is in fear that's when to buy:) and boy are we in fear!!